A global directory of pregnancy and birth related businesses and products. All profits from the directory help fund the Positive Birth Movement charity.
Placenta Practice is the UK’s unrivalled placenta encapsulation and placenta remedies company.
I am Amanda, founder of Placenta Practice. My whole career has been about childcare, birth and caring for women, and my previous experience as a Birth Doula and Postnatal Doula have given me very precious insights. I have more than 20 years of invaluable knowledge and expertise with expectant mothers, newborn babies and children through to teenagers.
Placenta Practice was the UK’s first company to achieve recognition with the Environmental Health Office. We have been registered and audited by the EHO. Both our processes and dedicated practice area are commended to be “exceeding all requirements for health and safety legislation” and that we are said to be “working to a Gold standard”
AMANDA’S QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- UK’s first Placenta Encapsulation company to be audited and recognised by Environmental Health Office.
- We cover the whole of the UK, for free.
- Commended by Environmental Health Office for “exceeding requirements for health and safety legislation” and for “working to a Gold standard”.
- All Placenta Practice cosmetics hold Product Safety Reports (Safety Assessments) in compliance with European Union regulation 1223/2009. Our creams and balms are all natural, using 100% organic ingredients. Every single one is individually handmade to order. Our unique formulas mean they are safe to use from birth.
- Amanda holds both personal and premises alcohol licence.
- We use premium grade Organic Grain Alcohol (used in Placenta Essence and Placenta Tincture).
- Available to collect 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Speedy and tracked delivery by UPS, DHL and Royal Mail.
- We are on call for you from the moment you book, guiding you through the whole process.
- We operate out of a purpose built building, used solely for placenta encapsulation related work.
- Building is equipped to hospital standards.
- We only use high quality surgical grade supplies as used by the medical profession
- Only vegan capsules are used for placenta encapsulation.
- We provide a specially designed Placenta Collection Kit, first and only one of its kind in the UK. Kit has been designed for Placenta Practice by a leading bio-medical scientist in line with the World Health Organization’s Guidelines for the Safe Transport of Infectious Substances and Diagnostic Specimens.
- Amanda is also a qualified Phlebotomist working in partnership with Smart Cells – stem cells and cord blood collection and storage.
Please visit our website, www.placentapractice.co.uk for more info, or call us Freephone on 0808 1234 454 to have a chat about placenta encapsulation.
Follow us on Instagram or on Twitter
- Independent Placenta Encapsulation Network (IPEN) – Training
- Smart Cells Phlebotomist – qualified and trained in the procurement of umbilical cord blood and stem cells
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
- Professional Public and Product Liability Insurance in Placenta Encapsulation
- Pro Infection Control Certificate UK – NICE and HSE Blood Borne Pathogens Standard
- Level 2 Certificate in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Manufacturing – City & Guilds Accredited
- Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Catering – City & Guilds Accredited
- Nutrition For Pregnancy and Baby
- BTEC Diploma in Nursery Nursing 1996
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Doula UK
- First Aid Certified with St Johns Ambulance
- OCN Maternity Nurse Practitioner Award
- MNT Post Natal Depression Certificate
- MNT Multiple Births Certificate
- Developmental Baby Massage and Movement Teacher with Peter Walker
- Active Birth Study Day – Janet Balaskas
- Birth Crisis Workshop – Sheila Kitzinger
- Biological Nurturing Seminar – Dr Suzzane Colson
- Breastfeeding Workshop – Ruth Tamir
- Breastfeeding Workshop Level 1 & 2 – Nurturing Birth
- Hypnobirthing Workshop – Lisa Jackson
- Supporting a Lotus Birth Study Day
- Rebozo for Pregnancy and Childbirth by School of Babywearing
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Gail Tully
- Water Birth Study Day – Dianne Garland
- Womb Healing Workshop – Bushra Finch
- Organiser and attendee Workshop – Mark Harris