I work as an Independent Midwife and offer full one to one, individualised midwifery care to those seeking a home birth in Bristol, Bath and the surrounding areas. I am a member of IMUK and am a fully registered midwife with the NMC. Choosing independent midwife care means you are receiving the kind of care, that has been proven time and time again to improve outcomes, both physical and emotional, for the mother and baby.
I believe that the pregnancy and birth experience has the potential to have a profound effect on a woman's self esteem and the successful transition to parenthood and family for all involved. I believe women need to feel safe, secure and loved in order to be in the space that allows their body to give in to the instinctive, primal process of birth. I trust and respect a woman's ability to grow, birth and nurture her baby and throughout this amazing time in a family's life I am there to give support, evidence based information and to act as a safety net, with my 20+ years of midwifery experience and knowledge behind me.
- Truly individualised care from one midwife with whom you have time to build a trusting relationship
- Time at appointments to talk about all the issues and concerns you have
- Appointments in your own home at times to suit you and your family. Some will cover certain topics such as: birth and baby care
- Expert help with breastfeeding
- At least 4 weeks postnatal care tailored to suit you and your family's needs
- Support and back up to my practice from other local IMs
- Antenatal consultation service for those seeking a second opinion or time to discuss issues that have been raised in NHS care
- Stand alone antenatal and postnatal packages