Daisy Birthing®: A practical, educational and supportive journey through labour and birth.
Daisy Birthing’s all inclusive Active Antenatal™ method is a ground breaking, effective and all encompassing pregnancy class, helping you to learn your antenatal education and active birth techniques in a truly effective way – anchored to your breath, your body and your movement – exactly where you will need it on your baby’s birthing day.
Classes support you on your journey through pregnancy as your baby grows, helping you to stay active in pregnancy, ease symptoms such as backache, indigestion and swelling, whilst you prepare for your confident and calm birth!
Each class will deliver:
- Traditional antenatal education and active birth awareness, helping you to understand:
- what is happening to your body during labour and birth;
- how to use gravity to assist and support your labour and birth;
- why and when medical induction and interventions may be suggested during labour and birth; and
- the choices that are available to you during pregnancy, labour, birth and post-natally.
- Yoga inspired, flowing movement sequences, helping you to feel more comfortable during your pregnancy as you practice moves that you can use in labour.
- Breathing techniques for every stage of labour, providing you with techniques that will help you to stay calm and in control, whilst ensuring you continue to provide a good supply of oxygen to your baby
- Relaxation techniques, which work along side your breathing techniques to help you stay calm and focused.
- Peer-to-peer support in a women only class, where you can share your experiences of pregnancy, discuss your concerns and meet other mums-to-be in your local area.
You can join a Daisy Birthing course from 14 weeks of pregnancy. Classes are taught over a six-week course and you can continue to attend until your baby is born - helping to develop muscle memory so that the techniques become instinctive during your labour, and ensuring that you will continue to feel all the benefits through pregnancy too. Daisy Birthing is supportive of all birth choices and classes are adapted to suit (and in many cases help with) most pregnancy conditions and ailments.
Convenient, evening classes are accessible for working mums-to-be, or those with childcare commitments and are held in a number of accessible locations across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
For more information on Daisy Foundation Cardiff and Vale contact Laura Fergusson