What do Barefoot Birth Pools do?
We promote the use of water for labour and birth by helping birth pools to be more accessible to all.
By hiring the equipment from our website we can help families to reduce the cost of using a home birth pool by just over half (compared to the price of purchasing the items separately).
Families book a pool to arrive from around 36 weeks and are delivered anywhere in mainland UK by our courier.
The pool arrives with everything needed for use and once baby has arrived and the pool is no longer required our courier returns to collect the pool.
We also offer additional items to hire and purchase such as TENS machines at a minimal cost.
Why Barefoot Birth Pools?
We care deeply about every family we work with. We want to ensure that each family has the best experience of hiring a birth pool by always offering the highest standard of hire equipment and customer service.
• We have a dedicated premises, with separate goods in/goods out access and two clean rooms for testing and preparing each pool between hires.
• We are fully insured to hire birth pools and related equipment.
• We only use hospital standard cleaning protocols including using ‘Tristel’ disinfectant for which we have received certified onsite training.
• We supply disposable, professional grade liners, hose and thermometers and ensure that we supply all the accessories needed for using the pool.
• Every pool arrives with a copy of our own laminated, pool handbook which has detailed guidance for using the pool along with colour photographs. We also provide phone/email support throughout each hire.
Get in touch: